- Training and Placement Cell is a core area in an Engineering College which complements the efforts of the members of faculty by organizing value-added programmes and providing placement opportunities to students.
- The cell continuously coordinates with the various industries and organizations for placement of the students. It creates liaison with the corporate sectors and helps in developing the industry-academic relationship.
- It obtains feedback from organizations on a regular basis and conveys it to the respective departments, which in turn, train students accordingly, thereby increasing their placement opportunities.
- The Placement Officer is actively involved with various corporate sectors to undergo a Memorandum of Understanding for the placement of students every year.
- The Training and Placement Officer makes regular visits to various companies, on an all India basis, to project the capability of the students' skills to fulfill the requirements of the corporate world.
- The Cell organizes certain orientation programmes, grooming sessions, mock interviews for students of each stream. Besides, the Cell organizes various summer internship programmes for students to provide them with hands-on experience and introducing them to match the professional environment.
- Keeping in view the requirements of industry, the Cell also takes initiative to arrange regular inter-active workshops, seminars and short-term courses with active participation of academia and industry.
- It also takes initiative to develop the soft skills (Aptitude, HR, GD, PI etc) within students to make them feel comfortable in interviews and thus make them better employable. The Cell ensures that Career Development Programmes are also conducted on a regular basis for value added programmes. It also organizes industry-oriented special courses in collaboration with reputed corporate industries.
- As an outset, today Elitte Institute of Engineering and Management stands No. I in placements amongst all the Diploma Engineering Colleges in Eastern India and is far ahead of the similar genre of private/self financed engineering colleges.