- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- ( Head of the Department: Dr. Subhasish Banerjee )
Mission of the Department:
- Enabling students for more creative and innovative thinking.
- Enabling students to explore emerging field of engineering and their possible career options.
- To inculcate sincerity and truthfulness through curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular behavior.
Vision of the Department:
- To organize a learning environment where students will be inquisitive to become future engineers and pioneering technologists.
- To inculcate acumen of enhanced technical learning.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO):
- PEO1: Students from our institute will be dynamic in the proficient practice of electrical engineering and associated fields. They will acquire employment suitable to their background and education and will proceed in their profession.
- PEO2: Students from our institute will connect in enduring knowledge established by sophisticated teaching, expert development actions, and/or additional career-appropriate options.
- PEO3: Our Students working within technical fields will reveal scientific proficiency in identifying, formulating, analyzing, and creating engineering solutions.
- PEO4: Accomplish the requirements of civilization in solving technical troubles using engineering ideology, apparatus and practices, in an ethical and responsible approach.
Program Outcome (PO):
- PO-(a) To develop aptitude to relate knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering for the resolution of electrical engineering problems.
- PO-(b) To develop skill to prepare and analyze complicated electrical engineering problems.
- PO-(c) To develop Ability to propose a system, module, or process to meet required needs within realistic constraints such as profitable, environmental, community, and civic health.
- PO-(d) Ability to design and conduct experiments, and to analyze and interpret technical data.
- PO-(e) To develop capability to use the techniques, skills, and contemporary engineering tools essential for electrical engineering practice.
- PO-(f) To develop capability to embrace social, intellectual, ethical issues with engineering solutions.
- PO-(g) To develop capability to analyze the impact of engineering solutions on environment and the urgency for sustainable development.
- PO-(h) To develop capability to work effectively on multidisciplinary teams.
- PO-(i) To develop capability to communicate successfully.
- PO-(j) To develop comprehensive understanding and awareness of management philosophy and finance related to engineering business.
- PO-(k) Acknowledgement of technological transform and the need for constant erudition.