We aspire to prepare world class computing professionals who can blossom into truly global leaders.
To develop as a national level accomplished department of excellence in Computer Science and Engineering in terms of education, learning and research environment that will mould students into becoming innovative engineers, competent at solving real world challenges in industry and commerce with leadership, result orientation and high ethical standards.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- PEO1: To educate graduates to work professionally in computing profession
- PEO2: To educate graduates to analyse data, design, and conduct experiments using modern engineering tools
- PEO3: To train graduates to lead in multinational, multicultural, and multi-disciplinary teams
- PEO4: To develop capability to work in a socio-cultural and techno-legal environment understanding the societal and global impacts of the work
- PEO5: To encourage graduates to pursue higher education and research in relation to the emerging areas of academic and industrial importance
- PEO6: To develop graduates to communicate effectively with the technical fraternity and the people at large
- PEO7: To demonstrate code of conduct and ethics while performing given tasks.
Program Outcomes (POs):
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, computer engineering fundamentals and computer science specialization to the solution of complex computing engineering problems
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze complex computer engineering problems using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and computer engineering sciences for reaching advanced real life solutions
- Design/Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex computer engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for meeting socio-economically viable aspects like public health and safety and cultural, and societal considerations
- Conduct investigations: Conduct investigations of complex computer problems using research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions and design of parts, subsystems, systems and/or processes to meet specific needs
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling of complex computer engineering activities with an understanding of their limitations
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts utilizing contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply principles for fulfilment of professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practices by providing a written code of conduct from the very beginning
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member of a team even in multidisciplinary and multi-cultural settings. Should also develop leadership capability to guide a team both in technical and administrative matters
- Communication: Communicate oral and written effectively on complex technical activities with engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation and make effective presentations
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply those to one’s own work, as a member or leader of a team, to manage projects in multidisciplinary environment
- Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent life- long learning in the broadest context of technological change